That’s a GOT reference? I see it a lot these days…
Winter break totally going to try and build a quadcopter, catch up with Economist (publishes every fucking week how do they do it…), get my winter ##hastag########motherfuckingmorehashtags#####swag on, lose tumblr followers, go to one or more chess tournaments (and lose), reflect on critical life mistakes when I lay in my bed waiting to fall asleep, and of course not learn to twerk.
Oh what’s that Allen? You play chess?
Yes, add me on chess.com, my username is programminglinguist.
A quadcopter you say?
Arduino and some pvc pipe should do the trick.
What are you getting for Xmas?
Going to get tied down on my bed and beaten with a sock filled with sad faces by Santa’s elves.
Do you feel ronery?
My cat Ruby keeps me company. Sometimes she gets scared of my vape and goes under my bed and then I feel lonely.
What? You’re posting on Tumblr?
3 page essay not getting done.
Math major? Oz noes so scary!
Yep failing a class.
What happened to economics?
My peers are assholes and the economics major doesn’t provide me with the tools to do my own research. Highest math capability the econ major requires is differential calculus. Actually, less.
And of pawlitics?
My history class and club have sucked the interest out of me. I am merely a walking handsome bachelor, perhaps wielding a quadcopter soon.
My Political History & Current Events club on campus is growing in ambition… or at least I am. I believe Richard Reeves has accepted an invitation to do a teleconference (Skype) chat with us, and I’ve emailed David Reynolds and Zbigniew Brzezinski asking for them too. Awaiting responses with giddy anticipation.
I think the idea is that people will choose to ride together for the purpose of going in a lane with fewer cars, but in reality it’s more like people will choose to ride together for the purpose of saving money on gas (with the added but non-essential benefit of being in the extra lane). This lane needs to be opened to everyone. Restricting lanes at all is a bad idea unless it’s toll lanes.
Fucking carpool lanes …
Anonymous asked: Freaking commie.
Anonymous asked: Why don't you watch 30 Rock?!
Because it’s not a funny show. Breaking Bad is much better.
Back again… da da da whatever and however that song goes.
What has realpolitiks been up to lately?
- Swtched major to mathematics, minor to economics
- Struggling with new fall semester classes
- Winning Goodreads books
- Started the Political History and Current Events Club at the CSUN campus
- Reading sociology, mathematics history, and listening to audiobooks on philosophy, psychology, and history
- Did I mention that near the end of summer I wrote an algorithm to solve Sudoku puzzles? That’s pretty cool I think. Totally bragging about it. Algorithm is terrible but it does the job and I’m too lazy to improve it even though I have ideas.
- Reddit became my friend.
- Trying to figure out economics “research assistant” stuff. I got a job doing that but it’s more trivial work than anything considered research. Still, something to put on a resume?
- I have accepted the simulation hypothesis and am eagerly waiting to be proved wrong.
Anonymous asked: No. This is where you confess stuff about your personal life! Love! Sex! Politics! This is tumblr! Land of candid bullshit and feelings dude. Get with it. Even Nixon had the tapes man. Nixon had the tapes man!
Come back without anonymity.
Anonymous asked: Then why do you log on?
To answer stupid questions!
Anonymous asked: Then what do you do on tumblr?
Nothing at the moment.